In my spare time, I work on cars of the future at UW Alternative Fuels Team. As currently the longest-serving member of the team, I have completed many projects:
- Recommissioning a retired fuel-cell vehicle to all-electric
- Two-phase Li-ion battery cooling system (Fourth year capstone project. Learn More)
- Driver Assistance System (DAS) -- vision-based sign detection, stereo distance estimation using NXP automotive vision SoC
- Cruise Control code, PID tuning of controller
- Vehicle information display PCBA -- soldering, testing, designing in Altium
- High Voltage distribution and fuse box
- Infotainment system development -- Freescale SoC, Python (Pygame), QNX, and Android
- Ongoing IT infrastructure support -- Server administration on Windows Server, Ubuntu Linux, and BSD
- CAN network analysis and spoofing
- MATLAB/Simulink control strategy development and testing. Deployment to dSPACE MicroAutoBox controller, and using dSPACE ControlDesk software to troubleshoot issues.
The high-voltage distribution hub that I designed (Interactive 3D)
When you forget to check for clearance on one part and had to sand off the corner to make things fit. It worked!
The finished HV hub and initial mechanical integration of the infotainment system.